App To Look For: Sunrise
Apps are a huge part of our lives, admit it. Our smartphones are built up of our own customized selection of apps – from games and photo editing, to to-do lists and exercise recording. If you need it, there is an App for it! Although there are a million Apps, Top Mobile Trends wants to point out the few that really stand out and make a difference. This week, we selected the Sunrise app for iOS.
Sunrise is an Calendar app for iPhone, and now for iPad. It integrates into your Google Calendars, social media events, and cloud seamlessly. It’s easy on the eyes with their redesign for iOS 7, as well!
• 100% free calendar app with a gorgeous design.
• Compatible with Google Calendar and iCloud.
• A completely redesigned calendar experience for your iPhone.
• Synchronization that just works, in real-time and with background updates.
• Quick Add Event just by typing “Lunch tomorrow at 9pm” (long-press on the +).
• Timezone Support. No more headache when traveling!
• Facebook Events and Birthdays included.
• See faces and profiles of people you are meeting with using LinkedIn.
• Weather forecast based on your location.
• Smart icons.
• Tag location to events.
• Use Google Maps for Directions.
• Connect multiple Google Calendars.
iPad release and new visualizations (Version 2.1 updates)
Sunrise is now designed for your iPad, includes a new Week view and adds background updates. We are introducing two new visualizations: Week and Month. They make it easier to make plans from your iPad and navigate in time quickly.
This new visualization makes it easier to see free time between events, see your day at-a-glance, or find a time to get dinner with a friend next week.
Tap on the week icon next to the new event button to reveal it. And it works perfectly in portrait mode.
A lot of apps have tried to design a week view before, but we think that you’ll enjoy the design of Sunrise better!