Fun Mobile Games for your Commute
When commuting to-and-fro on Public transit, or even as a passenger on a trip, sometimes you need a quick game to kill the time. This usually means playing a game that doesn’t require data or wifi, due to underground trains at times. Sure, you could read a book or listen to music, but sometimes you want something more stimulating. Well, most of our Top Mobile Trends team takes public transit, so we asked the office what their go-to game apps are for the trip!
Here are our Top 3 Mobile Game Apps for commutes!
1. Tap Quest
Tap Quest, available on the iOS Apple Store, is a free game where you play as a knight to protect a princess and stop the ressurection of the dragon! It’s an easy-to-play and fast paced game, so don’t get too sucked in and miss your stop! Tap Quest also provides to be a challenging game, requiring time to level up skills and equipment. Don’t blame us if you get sucked in!
HOW TO PLAY
● Move and attack both by tapping left and right side of the screen
● Defend the middle tower by attacking approaching monsters
● Challenging chapters? Never give up! Don’t limit upgrades to Hero’s skills and equipment, level up Tower and Fairy for effective plays!
● NEW Infinity Mode with new gameplay, graphics and sounds
● Stunningly beautiful and uniquely new retro style graphics
● Fantastic soundtracks ranging from House to Trance
● Powerful level, skill and equipment upgrade system
● 8 chapters of action packed battles against monsters
● Acquire and collect 64 supernatural relics and get trophy rewards by completing challenges
2. Little Alchemy
If you’re looking for a more challenging, but simple game, try Little Alchemy. Little Alchemy is available on both the iOS Apple Store and Google Play Store for free. Basically, explore what you can create by mixing simple elements. Start with four basic items and use them to find dinosaurs, unicorns and spaceships! You can make up to 550 “elements”! It will probably drive you crazy, but in the best way possible.
• 550 elements.
• One-handed gameplay.
• Available in English, Spanish, Portuguese, German, French, Polish, Dutch, Swedish and Norwegian.
• Mix elements to create interesting, fun and surprising items.
• Play at your own pace.
• Every combination is a little puzzle to solve.
• Leaderboards – check how many elements your friends have.
• Google Play Games integration.
The game is free. And when we say free we mean it!
• No ads.
• No in-app payments.
Looking to work that brain of yours on the ride to work or home? Try 2048 – a game where the objective is to slide numbered tiles on a grid to combine them and create a tile with the total number 2048. Sounds simple enough, right? Well I still haven’t achieved the 2048 tile! It can be found on the Google Play Store or iOS Apple Store for free download. Get swiping!
Inspired by Gabriele Cirulli game available on the web: http://gabrielecirulli.github.io/2048/
Join the numbers and get to the 2048 tile!
Swipe (Up, Down, Left, Right) to move the tiles. When two tiles with the same number touch, they merge into one. When 2048 tile is created, the player wins!
Get to the 2048 tile, and reach a high score!
Do you have a favorite app that isn’t on our list? Comment below and let us know!