The iPhone 6 drop tests are in and while the results are better than some phones, its still not promising. Add to the fact that most people will not want to risk their brand new $700 phone having an accident.
We’ve rounded up the 5 best cases to get for your brand new iPhone 6 or 6 Plus.
1. Otterbox Series for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
Otterbox makes some of the most rugged and durable cases for most mainstream smartphones. This includes the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. The upside is that your brand new phone is very well protected from normal day-to-day use. The downside is that it adds considerable bulk and is not the prettiest case by a long shot. If you are looking for for maximum protection – This is the case to get.
2. Pad & Quill Pocket Book cases for iPhone 6/6Plus
These cases are well built and can double as your wallet as well. They come with a number of slots for your various cards, a transparent one for ID and could probably one of the best looking cases for your new iPhone. They might be a bit bulky to carry in your pockets though.
3. i-Blason Protective Battery Charger Case (iPhone 6 only)
While the iPhone 6 Plus has gotten rave reviews about its prolonged battery life, the iPhone 6 is not so lucky. Despite the increase in size, battery life is only slightly better than the 5s, which means that average users will be hunting for a power-up towards the latter stages of the day. The i-Balson will solve that problem, able to hold just under 2 full charges right on your case. If you are a heavy user and without power near you, this is the case to get.
4. Apple Leather Case iPhone 6/6Plus
If you like subtle and clean aesthetics, Apple themselves make a leather case for both new iPhones. They are simple and make with premium leather for a luxurious feel that has a snug fit. It comes in a range of colors and does not add much bulk. Apple also make silicone cases for those of you interested, but we recommend the leather ones.
5. Custom Skins from Skinit If you like your phone to be one of a kind, Skinit has you covered. You will get a basic case with a skin that can be peeled off and replaced with another one. The skins are printed on automotive grade vinyl and should be able to withstand daily wear and tear. They offer a perfect fit, countless designs and easy, residue-free removal so you can get another one. Their cases are a bit on the bulky side, but if you are feeling lucky, you can get just the vinyl designs and slap it on the back of your iPhone – please note that this does not offer any protection (other than scuffs on the back of your phone).